Here is another way to present your lovely photos. You can select pictures in a series or pictures that somehow relate to each other, or even photos that just look nice together.
Here is what you need:
Any size wood panels (you can get them in any arts and crafts store)
Photos printed with inkjet, laser printer or toner base photocopies
1. If necessary sand and prepare the surface of the wood panel.
2. Using acrylic paints, paint the panel with the color of your choice. Alternatively you can replace the painting part with wood staining or even adhering designer paper to cover the surface.
3. Carefully measure and mark the area where you want your photo to go.
4. Brush a thin layer of Mod Podge on the wood surface, paste your photo and make sure to smooth out any air bubbles from underneath your photo. By the way, instead of pasting the photo onto the panel you can alternatively transfer your image onto the surface.
5. Brush a layer of Mod Podge over your photos to finish and protect them.
6. That’s it really. Now you can hang these wood panel beauties on your wall or display them on a shelf.
You can find lots more photo processes in my new book:
So Much More than Photography
eBook edition Price: $10
Kindle edition Price: $10
Print edition Price: $35 (Now on sale for $25.20)
Black & White print edition Price: $20